Friday, April 21, 2017

turtle spring ~




Texas seasons are so different from the winters I hear about up north. Most of the winter fluctuates from 80 degrees to freezing and back up to 80. I love the cold, so this warm winter is hard on me, but even more confusing for the poor turtles!
My goodness they are happy it is finally real spring! Very warm days with weekly rain storms and lots of food equal a turtle heaven. Even the babies have gotten to visit the outside world to enjoy the sun and wind.
I love having a sweet family of turtles rustling around beside me while I am gardening. Sometimes I will take a couple out of their pen and let them walk around the herb garden while I piddle around. This doesn't always work out because they have a tendency to be curious about whatever I am doing, which usually means being right in the middle of whatever hole I am digging to look for worms. 
The garden is so alive, the turtles are so happy, the cat is bird watching through the window, and I am back to planting some flowers and sewing some tiny stitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment