Friday, October 21, 2016

A new venture ~

Ever since I was little I have dreamed of having a little business making toys. When I was twelve I actually payed for my pet rabbits' food by selling little felt toy bunnies at the local farmers market. I brought a spinning wheel and my two sweet pet rabbits - Toby and Samwise Gamgee - and was able to sell every toy I had made, and had a wonderful time!
I think that was actually the first time someone told me about Etsy.
"You should sell these online," a really nice lady said. "There's a new website that hosts small business."
Of course, then I got distracted by (homeschool) high school, getting sick, and worrying about college... and, well, I have a bad case of Procrastination.
But now (drum roll please!) I am finally making the leap and opening my Etsy shop!
It's called The White Bird Studio, and I am planing on opening it on November 1st, All Saints Day ~ I need all the help I can get, and how great is it to have all the saints as patrons of my shop?
There will be an Autumn girl or two, a few little Christmas Elves, and some sweet Winter maidens. If I am able to get everything done in time, they might be joined by some other little surprises, but we'll have to wait and see!
I am so excited about finally starting my little shop, and I hope you enjoy seeing my little people in progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment