Saturday, October 7, 2017

Natural Beauty

 

About two years ago I first heard about BeautyCounter. A friend had told me about it, and when she became a Consultant, and began selling Beauty Counter herself, my mom and I both ordered some things through her.

I'm going to be honest with you: I don't really wear much make up.

I wear it for parties, or days where I feel especially sick and need an extra boost of confidence, or just for fun when I feel like it. But the funny thing is, I used to wear it much more often.
That's one of the best things about Beauty Counter - It's actually good for your skin!

Have you ever looked at the ingredient list of a makeup product? Once we found out that I have celiac, I started having to look up all the strange words that meant "gluten". It was amazing how much gluten was in the makeup I had been putting on my broken-out, red skin. But I was also realizing how many strange chemicals went into making that mascara and foundation I put on every day, chemicals that I really had no idea what they were or what they did.

And then when you think of your skin as the largest organ in your body... I began to feel almost like I was putting poison on myself.

Having celiac and Hashimotoe's, while being vegetarian, I have to be especially aware of what I eat. My family tries to make sure that organic, healthy foods make up most of our diet, but I wasn't paying any attention to all the chemicals I was layering on my skin.

So, slowly, my mom, sisters, and I began switching over to Beauty Counter.

We began with just the face oils and the charcoal cleansing bar, and I will be honest with you: other than medication (though that never actually worked well) these were the most expensive skin care items we had ever bought. Thankfully, you don't need to use very much, and they last for a long time. Only just enough of the cleansing charcoal soap to wash your face, and a drop or two of face oil to moisturize ~ even with four people using them, our first charcoal bar and face oil lasted for several months!

But the really amazing thing was how well even just these two products worked. My mother's dry skin, sister's more oily, and my combination type all started to feel better.

As we became more convinced we started adding products, and now they make up most of what we use.

BeautyCounter recently came out with the Counter Match line, and for my combination skin (oily in some place, but very dry in others), this works even better!

I'll post more about my favorite products in my next BeautyCounter post - maybe having a Saturday post about BeautyCounter the same way other blogs post about their sponsors each weekend. Hopefully you won't get too sick of me waxing eloquent about make up and skin care ;)

Thank you so much for joining me on this new venture! I don't yet know were it will lead, but it is one more step towards figuring out how to bring in a steady income while dealing with autoimmune diseases.
Please email me or leave a comment if you have any questions about safer beauty products! I would love to help :)

Love,

Lucia Marcella
If you are interested in BeautyCounter, you can follow this link http://www.beautycounter.com/luciasutter/social/263549-September+Social or click the BeautyCounter tab at the top of this blog :)


P.S. a note from our kittens
ftg c0  nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
bbbl,ooooooooooooooooooooo.<"KM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM<M<<<MMMMMMMMMMMM

No comments:

Post a Comment