Wednesday, January 3, 2018

January


It's been an interesting winter, that's for sure ~
But, 2017 was an interesting year, so I suppose a strange winter should have been expected.
Early on our winter was so warm that our lettuce went to seed, and the monarchs returned to take over the garden once again (I really need to write a post about our wildly beautiful Monarch summer).
But now it is the coldest January I can remember, and perfectly lovely for curling up with a cup of tea and a half-grown kitten or two.
Our kittens, Lottie and Bea, don't quite know what to do with their first winter chill, and are quite shocked when we open a door and the icy wind blows in. They run to the doors whenever anyone opens one, so curious to see what is going on, but as soon as the cold air hits them they sikitter to a stop and stare and you with a very betrayed expression.
I haven't down too much sewing yet in the new year, but keep thinking of new little winter elves to make, and sketching out ideas for little Valentines day folk to put in the Etsy shop.
But now I am working on organizeing for the new year, and have just finished the set up for my 2018 Bullet Journal. I am having much more fun with this year's journal, and making sure to have plenty of art breaks inbetween the pages planing for the year ahead.
Altogether, this year has been a quite one but cozy and good ~ and I hope that is a sign of a good year to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment